Saturday, November 7, 2009

A Fall Update

Here are a few of the things we have been up to (in no particular order) -

We cleaned out the flower beds and raked up the leaves a couple of weekends ago. Kyle and Josh were helping out in the backyard with the leaves from our silver maple tree. Halloween was a gorgeous day - warm and sunny! We met Grandma and Grandpa Bell at our land and roasted some hot dogs, then we loaded up the camper and hauled it home for the winter.
Our house was invaded a couple of weeks ago - by wasps! Joe set off three Wasp Foggers in our walls where the wasps were coming in, and so far we haven't see anymore wasps since then. This is Joe caulking the holes in the concrete by our front porch where they were coming in.

Sunday afternoons get a little boring sometimes - so Joe showed the kids how to build a huge fort in the basement. I think they used every spare blanket we had in the house to build tunnels behind and in-between the couches. The kids had a so much fun!
Our first snowstorm of the season was October 27th. I'm not sure that we were really ready for the snow, so we were glad when it melted the next day. In typical Utah weather fashion, it snowed last week and hit a record 75 degrees a few days later!
I spent all of my extra free time one week working on a scrapbook of our family reunion trip to North Carolina. I haven't scrapbooked (except for the picture-a-day) for a long time, so I had a great time working on this and I think it turned out nice. It made me want to go back to the beach house and do it all over again!
Halloween 2009 - at our ward Trunk-or-Treat. Kyle and Josh were both Iron Man and McKayla designed her own "dead bride" costume. We love our ward party every year because it's safe and warm, and we always have a great chili and cornbread dinner. And of course, tons of candy!
Joe's dad, Tom, gave us his 50 gallon aquarium in the middle of October. I have been surprised at how much FUN it has been to have fish in our home. We have two frogs, a catfish, an algae eater, a plecostomus, neon tetra, red-skirted tetra, and a bunch of guppies. We find ourselves watching the fish more than we watch TV a lot of days. On Monday, Josh and I sat and watched one of the female guppies have babies (they have live births). They are little, and hard to count, but I think there are 18 or 19 guppie babies in a containment tank so the other fish don't eat them. If anyone is interested, I'm sure we will be have plenty to give away soon!
McKayla decided it was time for a change and got a new haircut. She donated 9 1/2 inches of hair to Lock of Love. She loves her new, shorter, easier hair-do and it's really cute on her.

4 comments:

Deanna said...

Wow you have been BUSY! I really like McKayla's hair.

Laura said...

Yeah for fall! I love the Locks of Love Organization, and while I have always wanted to do it, never have. I am proud of you McKayla! And fish....I am SURE Jason is jealous.

Jack Bell said...

Great pictures. Thanks for posting them.

Dad

Grandma Senia said...

what fun to read what your family has been doing...........you are always busy, and seem to be having lots of fun......enjoy your kids now cause they grow sooooooooo fast......thanks for sharing........