Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Basement 99.5% Finished!!!

I'm so excited that our basement is almost done!  This spring we decided to just go for it, and finish the rest of the basement:  a storage room, the laundry room, the hallway, and two bedrooms.  It's been a ton of work, and we hired some of it out, but it is awesome!
I just have a few little things left to do, like put shelves in the closets, and touch-up some of the paint that got dinged, and it will be ready for the final inspection so I can move the older kids downstairs!
Here are some photos from start to finish:

Framing - Air Ducts - Electrical Work (April)

Insulation (April)

Sheetrock (April)

Mud/Tape (May)

Paint - all 4 rooms and hallway (May)
This is Kyle's room, McKayla's is below.

Electrical Outlets - Lighting finished (May)
Finish Trim - Doors Hung (June)

Finish work painted - Doors painted - Hardware and Doorknobs attached (June)

Windowsills painted - Blinds installed - Carpet installed (June)

I keep finding myself going downstairs just to look at it, and walk on the carpet, and open and shut the doors - and sometimes when the kids aren't watching, I do a little happy dance :).  It feels so good to be almost done!

6 comments:

Yaya said...

When we built our house, I painted all the walls (with help). It took almost a year before I would hang anything...I just loved looking at the walls! How exciting for you guys!

The Staker Family said...

I AM SOOOOO JEALOUS! It looks awesome. I think Allan wants to wait one more year before we do ours and we probably should, but I really want it done!

Jacque said...

Wow! That looks great!

Grandma Senia said...

It is beautiful.........no wonder you want to just sit & look at it.
thanks for sharing..........hoo-ray for all of you......Now you can can have a craft room!!!!

Deanna said...

Good for you! I can't imagine how different it feels - and how GOOD!

Becky said...

Looks awesome!