Kyle has wanted a snake for a LONG time. In fact, last summer we got him the Hermit Crabs hoping that he would forget about wanting a snake, but he doesn't give up so easily! A month or so ago, he caught a little garter snake and after much begging and pleading, I told him he could keep it. Does it make me a bad mom to admit that when he lost it in the neighbor's yard later that night, and he was crying his eyes out, I was secretly doing cartwheels in my mind? I played the sympathetic mom, however, and told him that if he catches another one I'll let him keep it.
Last week, his friend Garrison found this little garter snake and brought it to Kyle as a gift - what choice do I have now? I HAVE to let him keep it! Kyle named it Speedracer, or Speedy for short. It sits in the cage with the crabs, and they all seem to get along fine. We have tried to feed it worms, and he likes to hang out in the water, and my kids and all their friends take turns holding it and passing it around. It looks like Speedracer is here to stay- whether I like it or not!
1 comment:
You are NOT a bad mom. I would do the same thing! Sounds like you have been crazy busy! You are amazing!
Post a Comment