Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Birdseye View

Last week I took the kids down to the Legacy Center for the Lehi City "Information Fair" which sounds really boring, but ended up being a lot of fun! Joe and his team brought their vehicles to show what they are capable of. This is him in front of his amazing UCS van.

Lots of other organizations were there, too, like the Fire Department, the Lehi Police, UDOT, and the power company. The older kids got to ride in the bucket of the power truck. They thought it was really cool and "a little creepy"! Josh wanted absolutely nothing to do with getting in the bucket and going that high. We also checked out the huge earthmover/bulldozer(???) that UDOT was displaying. The kids also all got to drive remote control bulldozers across the parking lot. We also had popcorn and hot dogs and drinks FOR FREE! (you have to say that in an Adam Sandler voice - rent "Bedtime Stories" if you don't know what I'm talking about!) Overall, a nice activity for a chilly Spring evening!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

I don't blame Josh for not wanting to get in the bucket truck. That would freak me out.

Kate said...

I bet the kids loved it. Looks like fun.