Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring Break Entertainment

It is finally Spring Break for the Alpine School District. Since Joe is out of town, and we have an entire week to have fun and relax, we are going to try to do something fun everyday. These are some of the things we have been doing this week so far:

My friend Tina and I took our kids to Temple Square to see some of the sites on Monday. We went to the Church History Musem, toured the Conference Center, visited the statue of Christ in the North Visitors Center, looked at Temple Square from the top of the Joseph Smith Museum, played in the reflection pond, and peeked in the Tabernacle. One of my favorite things about Temple Square is the flowers. They are always amazing, and they smelled SO good. It was a gorgeous Spring day, and we even got a little bit sunburned!On Tuesday, after much persistent requesting (not quite whining, just dilligent asking) from McKayla, I took the kids swimming at the Legacy Center pool - their favorite place to play! We were there for 2 1/2 hours. Can you say "Waterlogged"?
Wednesday we went to the theater at Thanksgiving Point to see "Monsters vs. Aliens" in 3-D! It was pretty cute and the 3-D effects were really great.This morning we woke up to 9 inches of snow! So I spent some time shoveling the driveway and the rest of the day relaxing and watching it melt. We didn't go anywhere, but we made some big banana splits and called that "the activity of the day"!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

It is still crazy to me that you guys are still getting snow!!! Wow, I grew up there but now that seems so foreign to me! You are such a great mom, Sarah! Your kids are lucky to have you!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe all that snow!!
Sounds like you are having a fun vacation......you are awsome Sarah..........Grandma Senia