Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Boogity, Boogity, Boogity

Even though it is Grandpa who loves NASCAR, it was Grandma who got us tickets (through her work) to the races at Miller Motorsports Park last Saturday! This is Carl and Raida, Grandpa, Grandma and Josh, Bev and Cory, and Gabrielle and Kyle. McKayla, Danielle, and Brayden were also there, just not in the picture!

This was our view of the track from the Stansbury Grandstands at the corner of the track they call "Release".

We got there early to watch some of the qualifying races, and to check out the cars and vendors in the paddock. We each chose our favorite car to cheer for during the race: McKayla and I both chose #22. . .

Kyle and Josh chose the Jelly Belly #1 car.

And of course we had to get a picture with Dale Earnhardt's #88 National Guard car!

Both of our cars took turns leading the race, but mine blew a tire a couple of laps from the finish and couldn't get back in the lead.

The Jelly Belly car almost had it won, but it ran out of gas with only a quarter of a lap to go! In the end #13 won and did his victory spins right in front of our Grandstands. We had a great time - thanks Grandma and Grandpa for inviting us to go!

2 comments:

The Staker Family said...

So Sarah, would you be interested in having a Pampered Chef or Mary Kay party one of the weekends of a football game?? If not that's perfectly alright, I just thought I would ask. I don't know if your friends would be up to a Friday evening or Saturday late morning or afternoon.

Kate said...

How fun! I bet your kids loved it.